文章種類

2015年1月15日 星期四

VS Writer's Block

I flipped to a new page of my notebook, my pen in my other hand. I could feel it, I was low on inspiration. I needed more to effectively finish it off but it was tough. It extended its tendrils of shadows, grabbing my pen. I felt the familiar but unwelcome surge, draining me of my inspiration.

I looked at my watch, realizing I now had less than 3 hours until the deadline. I looked back at the hulking monstrosity before me, a dark violet void I call "Writer's Block". I put on my headphones, gambling on the off chance that it could provide enough inspiration for me to start a fluid process of writing a composition of half decent quality.

Once again, I felt it. The inspiration surged through me, filling me with vigor. I stood up, facing the Writer's Block, notebook in one hand and pen in the other. I started writing, each sentence coming out smoother than the last one. I raised my head, the walls surrounding me and Writer's Block crumbling, the small area starting to brighten up as the small cracks illuminated the interior. It was shrinking, turning from a faceless void to a small blob of purple.

I was glowing with divine light. I could use it again. I looked at my pen, overflowing with a blue aura. The inspiration grew stronger inside me, and I felt a rush of energy. I pointed my own at the Writer's Block, the tip of the pen discharging a giant blue beam of light. It hit, connecting with the blob's surface. It Implode and scattered sweet blue inspiration everywhere. Strange, I never associated inspiration with blue. The area finally lost all it's darkness and the blob faded into nothing, the bright area cousin with inspiration and power for me to use.

Gathering all the inspiration it took from me, I finally sat back on my chair, preparing to finish my writing, ignoring the 10+ texts my friend sent me about my writings.

Don't go ahead and say "WTF" yet. I have this battle with myself every time I try to write but nothing comes up, albeit a lot less epic. Trust me, it happens. In fact, it just did. Don't blame me for the quality, blame Writer's Block. That wriggly, spontaneous black hole where inspiration go to die.


沒有留言:

張貼留言