A Luxurious Moment
The rumble of engines slowly
faded down the road. I looked around. Everything was different from where I
lived. There was a bus station next to the building where I lived, surrounded
by with towering blocks of gloomy grey cement. Now, I was in a sea of green.
To my left, the vast field of
blue was streaked with lines of white. I marvelled at the soft waves and the
golden beach. The gleaming sand along with the flickering of water was such a
beauty. The rustle of the trees accompanied the gentle wind in a delightful
dance.
I glanced up at the sky.
Blissful lumps of cotton were swaying to the beat of the wind in immensity and
freedom. The steep slope of the hill above held gigantic trees. Leaves formed a
fragile yet artistic web of shades and shapes. Narrow streams of light shot
through the gaps and cast on the ground. The small beams of light made an
admirable piece of artwork, yet to be discovered.
As I walked down the road,
birds chirped charming tunes along the way, while small squirrels were
scurrying to the music in the trees. A strong gust of wind blew past, and the
leaves flew in unison, as if they were performers on stage. The shadow of an
eagle caught my eye. I peered up, and its golden feathers gleamed under the
bright sun. It was soaring high air gracefully; then suddenly swooped down into
the bushes far away.
The image of the eagle soaring
in the sky reminded me of an experience of gliding 3 kilometres above ground,
watching the brick houses and fields beneath me slowly flow past. Enjoying a
tranquil afternoon by the sea was a luxury. I clenched my fists, hoping that I
could hold the time tightly in my hands. However, it managed to slip quietly
between my fingers. Then I continued my long walk along the seashore.
沒有留言:
張貼留言